777Re: [ksurfschool] Re: Salutations!

  • kiteboard@aol.com
    Dec 7, 2000
      In a message dated 00-12-07 10:51:16 EST, cglazier@... writes:

      << First, spend a few hours flying your kite on land. It
      doesn't get any easier in the water. >>

      I'd say a few DAYS, or even weeks, including kiteflying in the water (without
      the board). The better you are with the kite, the easier it is when you get
      on the board (and safer, for yourself and others). I recently read something
      about 80% kite skill, 20% board, but I'd say it's likely over 90% kite.

      If you want to just get your final kite right away, consider a lesson, since
      it will get you way up the learning curve right away (no need to buy a
      trainer kite, or 2-line kiteboard kite to learn on).