773Re: Salutations!

  • Chris Glazier
    Dec 7, 2000
      Another good option for a first kite is the Concept Air New Wave (the
      Windtools Stamos or Fone Starter may also be similar). It is stable
      and it is easier to relaunch and less expensive than the Naish or
      Wipika. My New Wave 7.3 has about the same power as a Naish 11.0
      (because of projected area).

      And a tip: First, spend a few hours flying your kite on land. It
      doesn't get any easier in the water.

      Chris G

      --- In ksurfschool@egroups.com, derekbown@y... wrote:
      > Hi Everyone,
      > I've never tried kitesurfing but I'm fairly sure that I'm going to
      > buy the gear sometime in the next year.
      >
      > I'm an expert windsurfer (and instructor), fairly good surfer, and
      > enjoy flying my small two-line stunt kite. The reasons I want to
      get
      > into kitesurfing are: first; because it looks like a heck of a lot
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic