748Re: [ksurfschool] Tip7: How to jibe

  • kiteboard@aol.com
    Dec 2, 2000
      In a message dated 12/2/00 10:50:51 AM Pacific Standard Time,
      cglazier@... writes:

      << Take your back foot out of the footstrap and place
      it behind the new frontstrap where it will be ready to slip in
      without to much fumbling later. >>

      Where you place your back foot varies considerably with the board & probably
      also rider weight. My 7' Naish required my back foot to be RIGHT in front of
      the back strap.

      << locate
      the backstrap with your new backfoot by touch and slide your foot in -
      this used to be the most tricky moment for me >>

      Me too. The trick is to angle your toes towards the tail, so your heel isn't
      sticking too far to windward (catching in the wake/spray) while you're
      feeling for the strap.