5419Re: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida - Anyone knows of a good beach for beginners?

  • flkitesurfer
    Feb 7, 2007
      Luis,

      Have you had quality pro lessons yet? It costs but there can be a great
      deal more to traction kiting than being proficient in flying a trainer kite.
      Not all instruction is equal either unfortunately, you need to make good
      selections in that area as well.

      Some additional good reasons appear in video and print at:
      http://fksa.org/showthread.php?t=2436

      Our area is simply too crowded and our accumulated knowledge of avoidable
      accidents too great, to readily permit self-instruction in heavily populated SE
      Florida. Sadly, the designated launch at Ft. Lauderdale requires the ability
      to stay upwind and away from out of bounds guarded beach areas to the north
      and south. There are a lot of ideas in regard to getting into the sport
      along with launch, weather, precaution info at:

      http://fksa.org/

      FKA, Inc.

      Transcribed by:
      Rick Iossi

      --- In ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com, "LuisFernando" <vwlucho@...> wrote:

      > Hi, I'm new at kitesurfing and for the past 2 months I've been trying
      > to catch a good day to fly my "big" kite for the first time, but every
      > time I go to the beach (Pompano Beach), which is only on the weekends,
      > it's either too crouded with beach goers or too many kite surfers.
      > I've practiced with a trainer kite a few times already, but I want to
      > find a good beach with a large open area were I can fly my big kite
      > and do a couple of body draggs. I don't want to cause any trouble or
      > harm to anybody, so if any one knows of a good place where I can do
      > this please let me know.
      > Thank You
      >
      > Luis F.

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic