5335Flat Kite High Wind

  • David Alger
    May 2, 2006
      At Real in Hatteras this weekend, the two student intermediate team
      used a 5 M Waroo over a three day period in winds starting at 25 knots
      and ending gusting to 40. I weigh 160; the other guy 190. At no time
      were we overpowered. Once up and riding, the sheeting action allowed
      smooth, controlled rides. It was quite amazing to look around and see
      no other kites out. We are just getting comfortable with getting up
      and riding, barely intermediate. Flat kites rule!
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic