5323RE: [ksurfschool] Are new flat LEIs worth it?

  • Kitepower Sydney
    Mar 8 11:27 AM
      G'day Hung and George

      There is no such thing as first and second gen that is not an accurate way
      to describe the 2 types of kites that are being sold at the moment.

      The Cabrinha Crossbow and Switchblade, Slingshot TD, Airush Halo, Liquid
      Force Assault, Takoon Nova, etc are all "bow" kite based on a design by
      Bruno Legainoux. Bruno invented the popular C shaped kites we have all been
      using too.

      Then there is another group of kites that are based on that design, but with
      enough differences so as not to infringe on the patent Bruno holds or so it
      would seem.

      First and second gen is marketing babble, sorry Hung.

      Bruno has responded to many enquiries on www.kiteforum.com do a search. You
      will find that there are specific differences, and trade offs for the
      different shaped kites.

      The so called second generation kites have straight trailing edges, are not
      as wide span, do not depower as well, have less refined bars and control
      systems, and simply just don't fly as nicely as the original designs from
      Bruno.

      Bruno spent time with the Cabrinha kite designer, in China, in secret
      refining the Crossbow and switchblade designs, and he has stated that they
      are closest to his preferred design, He is working on refining the design
      even more and has stated that most of the initial and minor problems, can be
      overcome.

      www.kitepower.com.au

      _____