5318Re: [ksurfschool] Are new flat LEIs worth it?

  • hungvu2000@rogers.com
    Mar 7, 2006
      Ishtar,

      The kitesurfing FAQ has some info at
      http://kitesurfingschool.org/faqs.htm#What%20types%20of%20kite%20can%20I%20use
      . Also here is a very brief summary of kite designs:
      - Wipika Classic Inflatable: Easy to relaunch, stable, low
      performance, non-depowerable
      - Kiteski Kites: High performance, cumbersome to relaunch but
      reliable, non-depowerable
      - Closed cell foil: High performance, non depowerable, easy to relaunch
      - Seasmik: High performance, heavy bar pressure, depowerable
      - 4 line inflatable: High performance, depowerable, light bar pressure
      - Arc: High performance, depowerable, light bar pressure
      - Flat 4 line LEI: High performance, 100% depowerable, light bar
      pressure, very easy to relaunch

      Flat LEI: First generation: Nova, Crossbow. Second generation: Waroo,
      Sonic, etc.

      Hung.