5085Re: [ksurfschool] Sharing Kites

  • jakob Thegerström
    Dec 29, 2004
      Of course you can share any kite with your husband but
      because you're a lot lighter your windrange will be
      different. I think the best thing is that you get at
      least 2 kites if you can afford it (maybe a 14 and a
      10), then the wind is medium strong you can both be on
      the water and then it's light you'll be able to use
      the 14 ;) (and then it's really strong wind your
      husband can go out with the 10).
      I think that a trainer kite is a good idee. I used a
      delta kite to learn the basics (it's better if you can
      get a small 4 line foil), still use it sometimes then
      the wind is too light for kitesurf. It's also great to
      have if people shows interest in the sport! If you got
      ice during the winter you can also use your trainer
      kite for iceskating!!

      /Jakob

      --- "Kitepower (Sydney)" <sydney@...>
      skrev:

      ---------------------------------
      All good advice there Steve, seriously. However there
      is often a discovery made when learning to kitesurf
      via a trainer kite?
      That discovery is that it is actually fun to fly a
      power kite like a trainer kite, just for the sake of
      it.
      You may not appreciate why, and that is fine, but mant
      men and women discover that flying a kite is actually
      very relaxing, because it is a form of exercise that
      requires ones full attention, in the process ones
      daily worries are blown away.
      Best make an awesome trainer kite, so do many
      companies. Better still get a real 4 lined power kite
      on a bar like an Ozone Samurai 2 or 3M, or a Flexifoil
      Bullet 2.5M

      Also the more a person has flown a trainer kite, the
      easier and quicker they learn in a real kitesurfing
      lesson, saves money in the end because the need less
      lessons, and thet still have a fun kite to fly when it
      is nuking, etc.

      www.kitepower.com.au