4976Re: [ksurfschool] Board Leash

  • Bill Torreyson
    Sep 2, 2004
      This is my first season too. Most don't recommend a
      board leash. Try body dragging to get the up wind
      going since if you loss your board you'll be body
      dragging.

      I carry a knife, it came with my seat harness I wear.
      There is a pocket in the lower back.

      Good winds
      Bill

      --- Scott <wind.snow@...> wrote:

      > Hello everyone,
      > I'm pretty new to kiting, took a lesson an been
      > out 3 or 4
      > times. I can get up on the board and ride both
      > directions but still
      > dump the kite a bit and havent gotten upwind. I was
      > using a
      > wakeboard before but now I got myself a nice naish
      > board. I noticed
      > it had leash attachment point on the back. Do you
      > guys and gals
      > use leashes and if so what kind. I've used a
      > surfboard leash before
      > and havent had any problems but I'm guessing if it's
      > too short I
      > could get a nice slingshot action right at me. Also
      > does anyone
      > carry one of those hook knives? if so where do you
      > where it? On your
      > harness? Thanks for your advise.
      >
      > Scott

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail