      From: Steve Warner [mailto:thejedi05@...]
      Sent: Sunday, May 30, 2004 9:09 AM
      To: ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [ksurfschool] Weight x Kite x Wind x Board x HELP!!!

      Hi all,

      With regards to the discussion thats already taking place on kite
      size against body size against wind speed, can any of the
      experienced riders or pros in the group find out the best variables
      [Weight x Kite x Wind (x board?)] and post them in the database or
      make one up in a spread sheet. If anyone does have the info and not
      the time to create the database send the info to me and I will do it
      for the group.
      I think for the newbies, me included, having this info at hand and
      on screen makes it easier to digest and work out too.
      I'm 230 pounds. [no comments about 100 meter kites and tornado winds
      needed for me please! lol!] I bought on impulse a 12 meter airmax
      kite and also have a directional board though I long for the
      wakeboard style but do not have the capital to buy one yet. [Why
      are Kiteboards so expensive compared to wakeboards and any Cornwall
      kitesurfers with one they are practically giving away please email
      I do have a wakeboard but don't want to look a plonker amongst those
      on the beach with there fancy boards so I guess the directional is
      my only option at present.
      I have had my 12m kite airborn a few times on the beach so far, I
      might add though I am this week taking my first lessons from an
      instructor in Cornwall UK. I have enough money for a couple of days
      tuition but is there a recommended dosage of lessons needed or is it
      a case of two days and then just keep trying on my own? [or with a
      buddy preferably]
      Also I expect the course/tuition to be the wakeboard style of
      kiteboarding orientated so is there a massive difference between
      that and the directional board style? I do know about the turns,
      feet swapping etc and my 'Boost 2 DVD' seems to make sort of a
      simple task.
      Living in Cornwall and having two coastlines [lucky me] it isn't
      such a job to find a place with the right wind though it is a
      surfing haven and with that sometimes large wave conditions, so do
      those of you with similar, alternate between board types depending
      on wave and general water conditions.

      S**T, I think I will need a computer to work all this out! lol!!!

      Steve.. [aka.. TJ..!]

      <http://www.KitesurfingSchool.org/faqs.htm> for the answers

      n.yahoo.com> click here

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

      This e-mail is the property of The Methodist Hospital and/or its relevant affiliates and may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient(or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender and delete all copies of the message. Thank you.