4746Re: [ksurfschool] Kitesurfing BANNED at Bondi, Sydney, Oz

  • Danielle Pierce
    Mar 1, 2004
      Hi Steve, I have been in a fog, so I am not sure whether you are aware, but
      my husband Ron passed away February 13th. Please see the below regarding
      Scott and Lee's efforts on Ron's behalf. My children and I are extremely
      touched by this effort and are looking forward to participating. Perhaps
      you might know others who would like to join Scott and Lee in their efforts.

      As my two boys have had some kiting lessons and are interested in the sport,
      I would like to continue receiving your emails related to kiting. Thank
      you. Danielle Pierce

      Hi Danielle.
      Hope you are doing well. I am going to be sending this e-mail out in the
      next couple of days to kite groups and kite shops to see what the response
      will be. Either way we will be going ahead with the run with or with out the
      kite day. I have arranged for the use of my Dads boat and a friends boat so
      that part is covered. I will be talking with the Canadian Cancer Society
      tomorrow to get the necessary forms and pledge sheets. I would like to come
      down and see you to get a picture of Ron kite boarding to use for the
      posters which Kate will be making up. I just need to scan the picture and
      then will return it to you.
      Let me know when a good time would be.
      Hopefully we can do some good with this.
      Scott.

      Kite boarding For Cancer
      Ron Pierce memorial kite run and Family kite day.

      The Ron Pierce memorial kite run will take place the weekend of May 8-9th
      2004.

      We will be departing the beach area at long beach in Niagara and making the
      90km run across Lake Erie to Long point wind permitting. This will be the
      first ever crossing from these 2 beaches to be completed by Kite boarders
      Scott Ferrede and Lee Fitzgerald.

      We are looking for volunteers to help us out.

      What can you do?

      1-We need 2 boats and drivers, a lead boat to plot our course and a chase
      boat to pick us up if something was to go wrong. Boats will be supplied with
      2 way radios to stay in contact with each other

      2-We would also like to hold a kite day at the beach at long point. If you
      are a school or kite store you could have demos and lessons on the beach.
      This is an excellent way to promote the sport of kite boarding.

      3- If you feel up to the challenge you could join us in the run. Be advised
      that this will be hard on your body and I need to know if you will be
      participating no later then April 1 2004.

      4-We would like to hold some events on the beach such as a beach volleyball
      tournament depending on the turn out and weather also something fun for the
      kids and non kite boarders.

      5-We would also like to have a barbecue so volunteers to run this would be
      needed also.

      6-Most important would be your pledge or donations. You can pledge whatever
      you want per KM and all proceeds will go to the Canadian Cancer Society in
      memory of Ron Pierce.

      We have all been affected by cancer in one way or another; let's try to help
      get a little closer to finding the cure and have some fun.

      Any participation would be greatly appreciated.

      If you would like a pledge sheet or would like to make a pledge or would be
      interested in helping out with this event please contact me by e-mail or
      phone.

      Thank-You

      Scott Ferrede

      519.684.7519