      From: Kite Power (Sydney)
      To: ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, August 08, 2003 7:27 PM
      Subject: Re: [ksurfschool] Re:Reel leash

      Very good advice here from an experienced addict!
      Hey Dennis, where did you come across the hair tie idea?
      A lot of New Zealanders use it, especially to hold the chicken loop onto the hook. We use a cable tie.
      I will keep the hair tie idea for the board leash on "file" to parrot back to people looking for solutions, thanks Dennis!
      :-)
      http://www.kitepower.com.au

      Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2003 17:17:49 +1000
      From: "Kite Power (Sydney)" <sydney@...>
      Subject: Re: reel leash

      Hi Mike

      I never meant to imply it was a horrible thing to wear a leash or not wear
      one.
      It is foolish to not wear one if you are not very proficient at body
      dragging. Also if the wind drops while you are kiting, which is common, you
      can lose your board easily, with a reel leash this just will not happen.
      The ease of re-launching was explained in an earlier post of mine. I agree
      that if you are riding well powered, in an area with no adverse water
      currents, then you just can unclip the reel leash, but I still prefer to
      have one, regardless of the fact that I can dody drag upwind easily.
      Reel leashes can still make the board slingshot back at you, but rarely with
      the force of the surfboard urethane type.
      http://www.kitepower.com.au