4192Re: Kite for newbie

  • jakobjth
    May 23, 2003
      Ok maybe I'm wrong but the Takkoon 16.5 kite is the largest kite from
      this mark. It's designed for the windspan 6 to 15 knts ( ~3-7.5 ms).
      So if the wind speed up to 10-11ms 20-22knts you will be in a power
      up condition and that can be dangerous. If you're an experienced kite
      surfer this should not be a problem if you are careful under what
      condition you fly... but if you're a beginner (like I am!) to power
      kiting you should maybe consider a smaller kite...

      correct me if i'm wrong about this information?!

      I found the information about the kite takoon wook on these sites:

      http://www.surfstore.co.uk/acatalog/Takoon.html
      http://www.bilboquet.com/content/12/2/834.html

      // J

      --- In ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com, "hink_trent" <hink_trent@y...>
      wrote:
      > The 9.5 frenzy is equivalent to a 12-13 tube kite so why should he
      > get another kite with the same power range? It depends on where you
      > live, what you weigh and what the winds are like.
      >
      > If you are mountian boarding with a 9.5 foil then you probably live
      > in a lightwind area - the 16.5 size is probably fine, possibly even
      > on the small side if they are using flat sizing and depending on
      what
      > winds you plan to ride in.
      >
      > Sorry, I have never even seen a takoon kite in person so I cna't
      > comment on them.
      >
      > --- In ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com, jakob Thegerström
      <jakobjth@y...>
      > wrote:
      > > For me it seems to be quite a big kite (16.5 square
      > > meters if i'm correct?). I think you should begin with
      > > something smaller... probably 11-13 square meters for
      > > your weight... but the price is nice...
      > >
      > > // J
      > >

      > > --- train@g... skrev:
      > > ---------------------------------
      > > I've been flying Ozone Frenzy 9.5m foil kites with
      > > landboard for about 4
      > > months (I weigh 83kg). I've got the stage where I can
      > > control the kite fairly
      > > well and board, but I'd now like to switch to water
      > > and thus I'm looking for a
      > > water kite and board (possible used) for summer use on
      > > big lakes and seaside.
      > >
      > > Someone has offered me a nearly new Takoon Wook 16.5m
      > > for $900US.
      > >
      > > Any opinions on that kite and whether it might be
      > > appropriate for me as a
      > > newbie with foil and boarding experience?
      > >
      > > Ted
      > >

      > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

      > > http://www.KitesurfingSchool.org/faqs.htm for the
      > > answers
      > > to the most frequently asked questions.
      > >
      > > To unsubscribe, please send an email to
      > > ksurfschool-unsubscribe@egroups.com
      > > To subscribe, please send an email to
      > > ksurfschool-subscribe@egroups.com

      > > Terms of Service.

      > > Gå före i kön och få din sajt värderad på nolltid med Yahoo!
      Express
      > > Se mer på: http://se.docs.yahoo.com/info/express/help/index.html
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic