4147Re: [ksurfschool] how useful are windmeters?

  • George Sarris
    Apr 15, 2003
      I've thought about mountain kite boarding on the
      beach, mainly in the late afternoon when it is
      deserted. Any recommendations on type of board and
      tire size? There are some pretty loose sandy areas and
      the usual hard packed sand at the waters edge. Also,
      I weigh in at 220lbs.

      --- Bobby Bobbins <chickenoriental@...> wrote:
> [...]
      > to slide out a little, this totally avoids the
      > oscillations, will slow you down a little and makes
      > you look a pro (o;
      >
      > And yes - as mother always told me WEAR PROCTECTION,
      > the usuall stuff is good but a nice pair of walking
      > boots are a neat addition. Gives your more control
      > of
      > the board (like snowboard boots or wakeboard
      > bindings)
      > and will save you breaking your ankles which is
      > always
      > a drag - you will come in to situations where you
      > may
      > be stuck in the board and the kite is dragging you
      > backwards. If your not too worried about looking a
      > tit I also recommend some heavy plastic foam to
      > cover
      > your butthole.
      >
      > Good luck, and I commend you starting on a small
      > kite
      > to learn the basics. I started on a 3m and got
      > hooked.. the a 5m, the a wipi 7m and then 11.8. Btw,
      > use the sea kites on land too the bar works much
      > better with a board than the traditional land
      > traction
      > kites handles which are aimed at the dollies in
      > their
      > trollies.
      > --- "John F. Santos" <bamoffthelip@...>
      > wrote:
      > > I want to hear more about kiteboarding on land. I
      > > just bought a mountainboard, and I have a little
      > 1m2
      > > trainer kite, which is too small to pull me so
      > far.
      > > But, I had a bad experience this past weekend with
      > > my earthboard (which is pretty much my fault) I
      > > took my board to a dirt road and I was going to
      > ride
      > > it a few hundred yards to where I wanted to fly
      > the
      > > kite. It had a mild grade which I thought wasn't
      > any
      > > big deal, but when I got to a spot where it was
      > just
      > > a bit more steep and the dirt was hard I started
      > > picking up speed. Cool, I thought, but then the
      > > board started getting the wobbles and BAM!!!! I
      > went
      > > over forward. Scraped up my knee, forearm, elbow,
      > > back, and tore my pants. Ouch!!! Didn't think that
      > > would happen since I ride halfpipes on snowboards
      > > and skateboards. Should have listened to the
      > > warnings about wearing pads. Tightened up my
      > trucks
      > > after that, but I think I may have overdone it
      > > because it feel too stiff now. Haven't really had
      > > another chance to ride it.
      > >
      > > nhugroups <train@...> wrote:Any opinions on
      > > how useful windmeters are and which do you
      > > recommend?
      > >
      > > I kiteboard on land and will turn to water this
      > > summer.
      > > Sometimes I don't have access to online weather
      > > forecasts and
      > > kite in unfamilar locations and have a hard time

      http://www.planex.org.uk/cnb/shop/planex?listPos=&productID=1

      0&search=&op=catalogue-product_info-null&prodCategoryID=1
      > > www.intowind.com/windmeter-overview.html
      > >

      > > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      > > http://www.KitesurfingSchool.org/faqs.htm for the
      > > answers
      > > to the most frequently asked questions.
      > >
      > > To unsubscribe, please send an email to
      > > ksurfschool-unsubscribe@egroups.com
      > > To subscribe, please send an email to
      > > ksurfschool-subscribe@egroups.com

      > > Terms of Service.

      > > removed]
      > >

      > =====
      > Apparently, 1 in 5 people in the world are Chinese.
      > And there are 5 people in my family, so it must be
      > one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my
      > older brother Colin. Or my younger brother
      > Ho-Cha-Chu.
      >
      > But I think it's Colin. --Tommy Cooper

      > Yahoo! Tax Center - File online, calculators, forms,
      > and more
      > http://tax.yahoo.com

      http://search.yahoo.com
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic