      From: waynehkd [mailto:waynehkd@...]
      Sent: Sunday, March 09, 2003 12:50 PM
      To: ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [ksurfschool] Surfboard as a kiteboard?

      I am wanting to get into kiteboarding on a poor mans budget. I have
      seen a couple of websites saying that it is possible to convert an
      old surfboard into a kiteboard by putting footstraps on the board.
      Has anyone tried this and does it work good enough to have fun? If
      you just screw the footstraps on will it allow the board to get water

      I am 6'5" 220lbs. I will probaly using equipment in light wind and
      flat water. If anyone has any suggestions on what type of equipment I
      would need to look at it would greatly be appreciated. I have read
      enough to realize I will probaly need a big kite but hate to spend
      $1000 dollars before I know if it is going to be what I want to get
      into.I am not looking into going pro or getting big air but I would
      like to spend some time on the water. Thanks