4042Re: [ksurfschool] WARNING TO SNAP SHACKLE USERS!!!

  • Christopher Gaskins
    Jan 22, 2003
      Rick,

      I really, really appreciate the accident reports. However, I am frustrated
      by the fact that the report is distributed in Acrobat PDF format with
      *printing restrictions*. I want to read the entire 50-60+ page report, but
      not on my screen, so the service is working against itself in terms of
      maximizing the benefit of the report to the community. Is there anything
      that can be done about this? Why is it copyrighted material with
      restriction on the reproduction? I care deeply about this sport and value
      tremendously the effort that is put into the accident report. I just want
      to see the benefit of the report maximized...

      Chris

      >There has been another serious accident. Reportedly the failure of an
      >improperly rigged snap shackle to release was a key factor in the accident.
      >If a snap shackle is used in lieu of a Quick Release, it must be properly
      >rigged, maintained and tested to improve the odds that it will release when
      >needed. Accidents will happen in kiteboarding it would be good to try to
      >reduce the quantity of avoidable ones. More about this at:
      >
      ><http://www.kiteforum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=5202&forum=1&0>http://www.kiteforum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=5202&forum=1&0
      >
      >FKA, Inc.
      >
      >transcribed by:
      >Rick Iossi