4003Re: Starting out

  • Chris Glazier <cglazier@canada.com>
    Dec 24, 2002
      Hamish
      Kites like the Naish Aero or North Toro are good kites and forgiving
      enough for a beginner. Find what your nearest kite store stocks.

      And take lessons! I know some beginners here who are too cheap to
      sign up for lessons and they have wasted the whole season trying to
      figure things out on their own.

      There is a Canadian yahoo kitesurf group at
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cankitesurf/

      Chris G
      Vancouver

      --- In ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com, "hamishhopkins
      <hamishhopkins@h...>" <hamishhopkins@h...> wrote:
      > Hi there, any advice would be great.
      > I'm interested in getting started in the sport. I live in South-
      > western ontario (London) - so near the lakes, etc.. Basically, any
      > info regarding first kite to buy, one that should be able to get
      me
      > through the basics on land as well as take me to kitesurfing. I
      > understand that the type of equipment is dependent on many
      factors.
      > I am aprox. 6'1", 180lbs, 24yrs old, always into sports (skiing,
      ww
      > kayaking,
      > etc..) Any advice would be greatly appreciated,
      > thanks
      > Hamish.
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic