4000Re: Starting out

  • everding5792 <everding5792@rogers.com>
    Dec 21, 2002
      Hamish

      There are usually a few kiters out on Pushlinch lake just west of
      cambridge ont.(1hr east of London) most weekends noon til 5 pm kite
      skiing in the winter. I'm not sure of the conditions now after the
      rain the past few days, but if it stays cold it will be ok in the a
      few days. Your welcome to come out and meet up with us talk to a few
      people and see what size you maybe start out with. If you get a land
      foil now to use on snow and ice it will give you some kite skills
      when you start out in the water come spring. Most of the people out
      there are from the wind climbers kite group, there is a map on thier
      website to pushlinch lake and all kinds of other stuff. I'll post a
      link in the links page of this group.

      Good luck
      Happy Holidays
      Jim

      --- In ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com, "hamishhopkins
      <hamishhopkins@h...>" <hamishhopkins@h...> wrote:
      > Hi there, any advice would be great.
      > I'm interested in getting started in the sport. I live in South-
      > western ontario (London) - so near the lakes, etc.. Basically, any
      > info regarding first kite to buy, one that should be able to get
      me
      > through the basics on land as well as take me to kitesurfing. I
      > understand that the type of equipment is dependent on many
      factors.
      > I am aprox. 6'1", 180lbs, 24yrs old, always into sports (skiing,
      ww
      > kayaking,
      > etc..) Any advice would be greatly appreciated,
      > thanks
      > Hamish.
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic