3814Re: Tips on proper use of chicken loop?

  • TheYellowJersey
    Sep 6, 2002
      What I meant by slowing down was transferring weight to the back of
      the board to create additional drag so that the kite could creep out
      to the edge of the wind window. I had been trying to just put the
      board on edge which worked somewhat but I ended up going faster than
      I wanted to and not being able to maintain control. I noticed that
      the other kiteboarders seemed to be going slower than me while making
      good progress up wind.

      --- In ksurfschool@y..., "vytaspass" <surfsup@r...> wrote:
      > Nah, you want speed to go upwind and push out the bar, to fly the
      > kite further to the edge if the wind window to go upwind. Turn your
      > hips into the wind and lean back. You need power to go upwind.
      > The 4 lines allow you to depower and increase the range of the
      > and get faster turning, among other things.
      > www.chicagokitesurfing.com
      > --- In ksurfschool@y..., "TheYellowJersey" <jeromedayton@y...>
      > > I'm just converting my 2 line Naish AR3's from a 2 line to a 4
      > > setup with a chicken loop. I'm looking for any tips on the
      > > usage of the chicken loop. My primary motivation for moving to 4
      > > lines is to be able to change the power of the kite by either
      > > the center sheeting strap or getting out of the main harness loop
      > > feather the power. I've gotten worked several times now in over
      > > powered conditions with the 2 line setup.
      > >
      > > I've read several hints on how to go upwind, mainly slowing the
      > board
      > > down so that the kite can get to the edge of the wind window, and
      > > that I just need a lot more time on the water.
      > >
      > > I would appreciate any hints.
      > >
      > > Thanks-
      > >
      > > Jerome-
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic