3661Re: boost II and question about board for n00bies

  • vytaspass
    Aug 9 6:19 AM
      Tom, to give you an idea, I'm 6'2" and 195lb too...I ride mainly on a
      slingshot Dimis 157 and a Lightwave 169. I have a 215cm board I
      originally learned on and now it sits there. I used it in the water
      10 times, maybe. Not worth the price since it gets no use.

      It will get some use, though, since we're starting to offer lessons
      in Chicago, it will be the board of choice due to its size and float
      (it has straps - Steve is right)

      Steve, who makes AWAKE? We may be interested in selling it here in
      chicago...if you know, can you email me at
      vytas@...?

      Thanks

      www.chicagokitesurfing.com

      --- In ksurfschool@y..., "Kitepower" <sydney@k...> wrote:
      > G'day Thomas
      >
      > Awake will blow you away, the quality of the footage is awesome, a
      lot is
      > taken from the back of very talented/gutsy jet ski riders. You get
      the
      > feeling you are right there, well as much as you can get that
      feeling from
      > your loungeroom!
      >
      > The picklefork would not be a good choice, if you are going to use
      it with
      > bindings, even though they are cheap now. Trying to learn and
      dealing with
      > bindings gets a lot of people hurt and very frustrated!
      > If you can put something like NSI Antibindings on the 1.71PF it
      will be OK,
      > forget about boards longer than 2.1M, unless you can borrow/hire
      them for
      > the few hours you will get any benefit from them. Big boards are
      really only
      > good for light winds or if you simply want to cruise and not jump,
      and
      > mainly in light winds/smooth waters.
      >
      > Cya and
      > Goodwinds
      > Steve McCormack
      > http://www.kitepower.com.au
      > mailto:sydney@k...
      > Open 7 days
      > Phone +61293157894

      __

      __

      > > Message: 1
      > > Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 19:07:04 -0000
      > > From: "windklutz" <windklutz@y...>
      > > Subject: Re: St Augustine Kitesurfing areas
      > >
      > > I live in St. Augustine. You can pretty much go anywhere on the
      > > beach. You are able to park on the beach but it will be crowded
      on a
      > > holiday weekend. If you are willing to walk up the beach you can
      > > goto Anastasia state parkand probably get away from the crowds.
      On
      > > an outgoing tide and NE wind a lot of people goto Matanza's Inlet.
      > > Daryl is the local kite shop owner (Extreme Kites)
      > > (oceanextremesports.com) on A1A in St. Augustine Beach if you have
      > > any problems while you are here. By the way it has been blowing
      25
      > > knots today.

      __

      __

      > > Message: 2
      > > Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 09:11:19 +1000
      > > From: "Kitepower" <sydney@k...>
      > > Subject: Re: Re: boost video - AWAKE
      > >
      > > There is room to improve even Boost 2, but it is still the best
      > instructional tape out at the
      > > moment.
      > > I read that a lot of folks want more kite and rider in frame
      views of what
      > is going on and the
      > > AWAKE DVD/video is awesome for that!
      > > If you want to see how to put it all together, and be entertained
      by some
      > of the best
      > > kiteboarding footage you will ever see, get AWAKE.
      > > Highlights for me on the DVD are the Nicolo Porcella section,
      this young
      > fella is going to be
      > > awesome, regardless of what we hear about his mouth!! :-) Every
      young kid
      > who could hang out
      > > with some of the worlds top riders would probably have to act in
      a similar
      > way to survive
      > > anyway!! :-)) Nicolo does incredibly tecnical wakestyle stuff
      with ease,
      > and you can see him
      > > just playing with his gear almost going "what if I do this". This
      no fear
      > attitude is what will
      > > make the youngsters of today into the mind blowing kiters of
      tomorrow.
      > > Other outstanding segments are from Lou W, Elliot L, Alex Pivec,
      Adam
      > Koch, Mark Shinn, Mark
      > > Doyle (amazing)
      > > and several girls.
      > > It is worth every cent, and is very enjoyable to watch on,
      especially on
      > DVD.
      > > Cya and
      > > Goodwinds
      > > Steve McCormack
      > > http://www.kitepower.com.au
      > > open 7 days, every week.

      They
      > > just seem like a marketing ploy to increase awareness for local
      > > riders and shops....
      > >
      > > I don't know...but they could certainly do a better job to
      promote
      > > safety, like showing riders riding with helmets and PFDs and
      > > LEASHES!, and more instruction. I'm sure I'll get thrashed for
      saying
      > > that, but in Chicago, as the sport grows, we have a perfect
      safety
      > > record so far, and we're trying real hard to keep it that way!

      > > www.chicagokitesurfing.com
      > >
      > > --- In ksurfschool@y..., "callum_downie" <callum_downie@h...>
      wrote:
      > > > Boost video is over a year old now, when it came out
      originally it
      > > > was streaks ahead of any other instructional video in all
      > > departments.
      > > >
      > > > Perhaps now it needs to be updated, particulary in the safety
      side
      > > of
      > > > things...

      > > not