3638Re: How about... upwind body dragging?

  • hink_trent
    Aug 3, 2002
      I am using 3 line mosquito foils. Although I probably can't bodydrag
      into the wind I can hold my ground very well by body dragging on a
      beam reach. It is a very good skill to have because if your board
      ends up upwind of you, you can slow your downwind drift to the point
      where the board will catch up with you pretty quickly (2 or 3 tacks).
      then you can grab your board and get on rhather than body drag to the
      beach and stand around like a kook waiting for your board to drift in.

      You need to have a kite that is powered up pretty well and a harness
      to hook into. Use one hand to dive the kite toward the side of the
      window to get you going, then stick your other hand down into the
      water like a fin and keep your body straight and pointing towards the

      If you don't move at all when you park the kite at the side of the
      window, then you do not have enough power.

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic