32[ksurfschool] Re: Kite size?

  • Martyn_Gilson-1@sbphrd.com
    Jan 10, 2000
      Hi Dave,

      I live in the UK where there are crystal clear, warm blue water, beautifully
      clean 6 foot faces and a constant force 2 in the morning, picking up to a force
      5 each and every afternoon. I wish......

      I am now living near the east coast but being a small island, the south coast
      (which is nice) is pretty near for a weekend. The only way to explain the
      conditions is unpredictable and it is purely a case of watching the weather
      forecast and hoping.

      The only reason why I was recommended a inflatable is that it can be relaunched
      easily, it is easy to manage, (no canopy) and, I was told, easy to control. I
      would imagine that being a learner I would be ditching the kite in the sea quite
      often but there are people that say they rarely crashed it even as learners.

      It seems to me that it is purely a matter of preference and of conditions. I am
      getting a great deal on a Naish, (friend of a windsurf shop owner), and I will
      go for the 7m kite. I do accept that I will need a smaller/different kite in
      the future but, as you mention, not until I can fly the kite well in low winds.

      I really appreciate your advice and I am sure there will be a few more questions
      coming your way. I hope to get the kite by next weekend and visit my brother in
      Wales to give it the first go. Judging by the weather today, I may have to
      break the ice before I get in! Why wasn't I born in a hot country?!

      Cheers
      Martyn

      theraves@... on 07-Jan-2000 23:50

      Please respond to ksurfschool@egroups.com

      To: ksurfschool
      cc: (bcc: Martyn Gilson-1/DEV/PHRD/SB_PLC)
      Subject: [ksurfschool] Re: Kite size?