3042Re: Ontario Canada - Kitesurfing

  • kite_hoser
    Apr 4, 2002
      --- In ksurfschool@y..., "nikgoodchild" <nikgoodchild@h...> wrote:
      > Anyone know what windsurfing / kitesurfing is like in Ontario,
      > Canada. I suppose it'll be lake Ontario. I'm going to Waterloo/
      > Kitchener in June, July and August to work...
      > Thanks

      Hi Nik,
      I'm from K-W, and generally the conditions are good. I don't do any
      surfing (lots of buggying though) but some guys in our club do and
      they hit the lakes that have the onshore winds. All 3 great lakes
      are the same distance from K-W for surfing. The direction the winds
      blowing will determine what lake you should head to. After the
      kiteyaking symposium at the spring break buggy blast
      http://www.sbbb.net i'll have more information on taking a
      rudder/foot controlled kayak out on the lakes. But as I said there's
      a few guys who do quite a bit of surfing from this town. So
      hopefully see you this summer.
      Kite hoser.
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic