      From: ian@... [mailto:ian@...]
      Sent: 02 April 2002 23:41
      To: ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [ksurfschool] controlling wakeboard speed

      Guys,

      Probably a topic that re occurs regularly but it's one with which I am
      having a lot of trouble as a beginner on wakeboards.

      My main problem being that as I get going I get faster and faster until
      everything just gets madly out of control resulting in some serious wipe
      outs. The area where I ride is a little bit choppy which doesn't help the
      matter but I imagine that once I learn to reduce the speed, the chop wont be
      such a problem.

      I've watched boost several times and it isn't something that they go too far
      into. When I try and edge harder upwind I find it progressively harder and
      harder to hold the edge and I slide into an even worse wipe-out.

      On a somewhat different note: I have been going leashless on a 145 wake with
      sandals, but with all the crashing I'm tempted to use the leash again. I'm
      thinking that maybe not using a leash is more for when one gets better and
      goes for bigger tricks??

      Opinions on both topics are greatly appreciated,

      Thanks

      ian