2885RE: [ksurfschool] Re: To chicken loop or not?- Note on shackels

  • Philip
    Mar 7 2:06 PM
      A note on Shackles. Do not Screw around! Get the Trigger release shackle
      Tylaska T-8.
      There are less expensive shackles for sure, but saving $50-$60-or even
      $100 bucks means nothing when you cannot release your self from the
      kite. Weather you get them from me or not is irrelevant! Just get one.
      Shackles with Pins become increasingly difficult to open as the load
      goes up and the friction builds on the pin.
      The Tylaska will release under huge load very easily as the trigger is
      not influenced by the load on the shackle.

      Moral- Don't try to save shekels when buying a shackle, If the pin gets
      stuck you are out of luck.
      In safety, trying to save a nickel may mean a trip to the
      hospital.

      Have Fun, Be Safe!

      Philip

      Philip Mann