2527Re: Jumping on ice!

  • fernmanus
    Jan 2, 2002
      Jumping over ice is an art form, but a painful one if you blow the
      jump. Jumping over snow is much more fun. Kite skiing or
      snowboarding on a snow field is more similar to kite surfing on the
      water than riding on ice. 1. You can ride more powered up because
      deep snow causes more friction. 2. You can jump higher and use a
      bigger kite. 3. You can build jumps or use natural berms as a
      ramp. 4. It is a heck of a lot easier to ride toeside on snow.

      Ice is better for speed, snow is better for jumps.

      You can use a tube kite on snow. Tube kites aren't great on ice
      because the ice can damage the kite and they are more difficult to

      Skis make more sense on ice. A snowboard is the way to go on snow.