2436RE: [ksurfschool] Re: Light wind kite information?? Of the topic story

  • frederic dujardin
    Dec 1, 2001
      Hi ,
      Don't forget the equation of wing's lift : air density * surface(projected) * square of speed * Cz

      So kites are much more sensitives to speed than to surface .And more surface ofen gives less speed.
      Don't forget the Cz ratio which is only a number in relation which in fact (if I've well understood...) is dealing
      with the overall shape of the wing and profile .

      I believe we may interpret this formula as : "for a given surface , the more powerfull kite will be the fastest
      one "
      So , for 11 m� projected , a good deal would be a good foil !
      P-s I've just received my Mastair 12 , I was hesitating a moment with a 16.4 airblast.
      No regrets , great kite in my opinion .
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic