237Re: [ksurfschool] Using C-Quad:

  • Mark Frasier
    Jun 11 8:35 AM
      At 11:07 AM 06/11/2000 EDT, kennyfarnsworth@... wrote:
      >I agree that the C-Quad offers good value. I am sure that Peter Lynn is
      >working on a great water relaunchable kite.

      They have the Waterfoil (which is available now) that is a traditional
      valved foil like the New Wave. Like the New Wave it is supposed to be very
      easy to relaunch, and fairly stable, but the New Wave is supposed to have a
      much better depowering system.

      PL is also working on the Arc - a double skin sled (like a cross between a
      Naish and a New Wave) that is very depowerable, fast (i.e. good upwind
      angle) & very hard to luff. Also easy to relaunch, they say.

      I'm really hoping to get a chance to try a New Wave. They sound great. A
      lot of people are very happy with them.

      Mark Frasier

      >In the meantime, there is a ram
      >air kite that I would recommend even for beginners. The Concept Air New
      Wave