2048RE: Kiteskiing is easier than kite surfing

  • fernmanus@yahoo.com
    Oct 1, 2001
      Hung,

      I agree with you. Kite skiing is fun and it is also much easier to
      learn than kite surfing because you don't have to learn the water
      start. It is also very easy to go upwind on skis.

      This year I am looking for a good location to launch some big air.
      The problem is finding a large open area devoid of trees. Utah
      receives plenty of snow, but most ski areas are not above the tree
      line. Last year I went out primarily on frozen lakes and fields.
      This was fun, but with just a shallow layer of snow I was hesitant to
      go big. This year I hope to find some deep powder fields.