1853RE: [ksurfschool] Final Waterstart question. Sooo Close!

  • Philip Mann
    Aug 21, 2001

      Diving the kite to the edge of the Window will not give you any power to get
      up on the board.
      Just as will a directional, you need to dive the kite into the power Zone to
      get up on the board.
      Where in the power zone depends on how powered up you are.
      If you are very powered up you can drive the kite more towards the edge of
      the Power window, but driving the kite down the edge of the window will
      result in no to very little power, this will generally just cause your body
      and board to turn into the wind.
      Be more aggressive with your dive into the power zone! keep the weight on
      the back foot and stand up. Bring the kite up to neutral and try again,
      Practice this and you will learn how steep and deep to make the initial dive
      to get up and on the board.

      Have Fun,