1852Final Waterstart question. Sooo Close!

  • infrauk@yahoo.co.uk
    Aug 20, 2001
      All.

      I weigh 140lbs, have an F-One TT 178, and a selection of Arcs.

      Hopefully in the final stages of learning to waterstart but want to
      confirm that "a" I'm doing it right, & "B" have a query:

      "A" Waterstart Technique.
      With the kite in Neutral, I put my weight onto my back foot, move the
      kite towards the edge of the wind window according to the direction I
      want to travel, briefly point the front of the board towards the
      kite, then when up, make sure the board is parallel to the kite,
      distribute my weight evenly across both feet and edge hard.
      Is this correct in your experiences?

      "B" Kite Manoeuvers
      With directionals, I was told you needed to dive the kite to get up.
      But not on Twin tips. Is this true? If not, could you advise how the
      kite should be manoeuvered?

      Determined to get up and stay up this weekend.

      Thanks in advance for your assistance.

      Rob...
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic