      From: Farnsworth, Kenny [mailto:kenny@...]
      Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2001 6:13 PM
      To: 'ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com'
      Subject: RE: [ksurfschool] Free Air2000 vs Free Air2001

      JD,

      One session. I think the only thing you have to keep in mind when using the
      trim loop is that the kite steers very slowly when it is sheeted out. You
      have to get used to pulling the bar close to your chest to steer and then
      sheeting out to depower when the kite is in the position you wish.

      I have to tell you that you will be amazed by how much easier controlling
      the kite will be once you start using the trim loop, especially in gusty
      conditions. It almost feels like cheating. You can go upwind so easy
      during a powerful gust by just sheeting the kite out and pointing your board
      upwind.

      From: Farnsworth, Kenny <kenny@...>
      To: 'ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com' <ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: 07 February 2001 1:05

      >JD,
      >
      >I would not launch my 16M in 18 knots of wind, but if I was out on the
      water
      >and the wind kicked up that fast, I would not go into shore. I would go
      for
      >some big air and blast upwind in the trim loop. Honestly, above 16 knots I
      >would probably launch a smaller kite (your 8.5 would be ideal).
      >
      >Kenny

      the system manager.

      www.mimesweeper.com