1141Re: Free Air2000 vs Free Air2001

  • Peter Frank
    Feb 7 3:20 PM
      Sorry, I'm not Kenny - but anyway:

      You can change to 4 line anytime - because it is very easy to get
      used to the trim-strap.
      You get used to that the very first day you try it, I'm sure.
      And then you don't need to use the trim-loop, you can just fly the
      kite like you are used to, and on land, or shallow water - adjust the
      trim-strap.

      And then gradually try the trim-loop later on.
      It'll take some time (10 sessions or more ?) to be able to take real
      advantage of the trim-loop.

      Peter Frank, DK.

      --- In ksurfschool@y..., "John Deane" <jdeane@r...> wrote:
      > Kenny
      > How long, in general, does it take to get used to using
      > a trim loop well after having only used 2 line kites?
      >
      > JD

      AirBlast
      > >>because of the reverse relaunching capability. The 15.5 was
      sometimes a
      > >pain
      > >>to relaunch and it took a while. I hope that helps.
      > >>
      > >>Kenny
      > >>
      > >><< I've been using a Wipika classic 8.5 which I want to sell soon
      while
      > >it's
      > >> still worth something. I weigh around 83 kilos. So the days when
      the wind
      > >> was 12-18 knots, I was able to get out. BUT, I spent about half
      my time
      > >> sitting around waiting either for the wind to pick up or die
      down. The
      > >wind
      > >> range is around 8 - 24 knots. I'd like to try to get by with 2
      kites
      > >rather
      > >> than 3 as money is an issue. I'm ready to get a brand new Free
      Air (but
      > >> don't know if 2000 or 2001 model) or Airblast but for the 2nd
      kite I'll
      > >look
      > >> for something 2nd hand. Problem is, which sizes?
      > >> I've seen 11.5 AR5s around 2nd hand but I'm not sure about their
      wind
      > >range.
      > >> Do you think a kite around the 11m range and one around 7m would
      cover
      > the
      > >> 8-24 knot range?
      > >> Thanks for yr help.