Skip to search.

Rush and Populist Party Platform 198=82

  • James Hodges
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2008
      Last week Rush tried to make the charge the Mike Huckabee is a populist candidate.  While I would agree Huckabee is moderate and not a conservative, neither is Fred Thompson or Rush Limbaugh when it comes to tax systems.

      To Review, it was the Populist Party which layed the ground work for the current tax system which Rush holds sacred and Fred Thompson wants to fix up.

      'Graduated Income Tax. The Populists viewed the graduated income tax as a means to pry loose a portion of the tremendous wealth of the nation's most prosperous citizens. A "graduated" tax meant that the rate of taxation would increase as one's income increased. (A step was made in this direction in the Wilson-Gorman Tariff of 1894 when a uniform tax was imposed, but that portion of the law was declared unconstitutional by the Supreme Court the following year. Authority to impose such taxation was granted to Congress under Amendment XVI in 1913.)"

      The Fairtax will undo the Populist damage without the help of Rush Limbaugh.

      Podcast gopwing.podomatic.com

      Memberships: