Re: [ksfairtax] Hodges Crossing the El Dorado Lake with Fairtax Book - AFP Day at the Capitol - March 7

  • James Hodges
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1 8:59 AM
      If I were an artist I would do a cartoon. Nice to here from you.

      Bradley Kramer <nettek01@...> wrote:
      James, when I read the subject line of this message, I thought of the immortal painting of George Washington crossing the Potomac.

      Maybe we could re-create Washington's Potomac crossing with a copy of the Fair Tax Book in his left hand.

      Bradley Kramer

      James Hodges <netvictory@...> wrote:

      Hi Fairtax supporters. AFP day is an oportunity for Fairtax supporters to network with the AFP on tax reform. Bring your copy of Neal Boortz Fairtax book with you. Please consider the following:
      I'm going up to Topeka on March 7, for AFP Day at the Capitol, and everyone is welcome to come with me. I can take four people in my car. This well be a very easy trip compared to when Washington cross the Delaware River on Christmas Day, 1776 in against a driving winter storm and destroyed the Hessian garrison at Trenton, NJ. To think the war of 1776 was fought over a three percent tax on tea compared to where we stand today is amazing.

      We will be crossing El Dorado Lake on the Kansas Turn-Pike bridge with good shoes and in a 2000 Ford Taurus at 65 miles per hr!
      Please Join Us
      for
      AFP Day at the Capitol
      Tuesday, March 7, 2006
      Runaway Taxes, Open Season on Private Property, Out Of Control Courts!
      What can be done?
      A lot can be done, if citizens’ voices are heard.
      America is a government of the People, by the People and for the People. But the People must speak up. The silent majority can, literally, not afford be silent any longer. Don’t let the only voices your legislators hear be the more th! an! 800 registered lobbyists at your Kansas State House, most demanding more tax dollars.
      Legislators have been hearing from special interests, they need to hear from you.
      We will provide resources and instructions to help you meet with your legislators.
      Please call your State Representative and State Senator to invite them to the lunch & reception.
      Your message to your legislators is short and simple:
      1. Don’t raise my taxes
      2. Support the Taxpayer’s Bill of Rights
      3. Protect Private Property – Eminent Domain Reform
      4. No legislating from the bench – Judicial Selection Reform
      AFP-Kansas Day at the Capitol, Tuesday, March 7th - Make plans to participate!!
      8:00 – 9:00 a.m. Meet at AFP-Kansas office for coffee and donuts
      9:30 to 11:00 Legislative visits
      11:30 – 1! :3! 0 Lunch with legislators, 2nd floor State Capitol (No Charge) (Please RSVP)
      1:30 – 4:30 p.m. Legislative visits (2:00 visit with legislative leadership)
      4:30 – 6:30 p.m. Legislative reception, Dillon House, across the street from the Capitol
      We need YOUR presence at the Capitol!
      Please RSVP to Phillis Setchell at psetchell@... or (785) 354-4237.
      Thanks,
      James A. Hodges
      7E7 Pylon-Systems/Fairings
      Phone: 316-523-0095
      Member of Americans for Fair Taxation:
      http://fairtax.org
      http://ksfairtax.org

      "the difference between death and taxes is death doesn’t get worse every time Congress meets"  -- Will Rogers

      "We contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." -- Winston Churchill

      Thanks,
      James A. Hodges

      Member of Americans for Fair Taxation:

      http://fairtax.org
      http://ksfairtax.org

      "the difference between death and taxes is death doesn’t get worse every time Congress meets" -- Will Rogers

      Thanks,
      James A. Hodges

      Yahoo! Mail

      Thanks,
      James A. Hodges

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1 10:02 AM

        Hi Charles,

        Like the NTU, I hoping the AFP will endorse the Fairtax.

        Charles Cusic <cec2816@...> wrote:
        James,

        Could you please enlighten me on what the initials AFP Day stands for?
        This is the first time I've heard it mentioned.

        Our petitioners and volunteers in Topeka will be notified and asked to
        turn out and show their support for the FairTax.

        By the way, the FairTax was designed from what the people told the focus
        study groups they wanted in the way of changes to our system of taxation.
        The FairTax Act of 2005 was the result of their action of what the people
        asked for and it was designed by people who were non-politicians (economists),
        and it is for the people.  We should all be pointing out the FairTax is of the
        people, by the people and for the people.

        Charles Cusic - CC - Topeka
        785-228-2562

        P.S.
        I enjoyed meeting you on Friday evening at the Capital Plaza Hotel during
        the Kansas Day celebrations and will look forward to seeing you the 7th.

        The Topeka volunteers have been bcc'd with this e-mail and will be later
        contacted by another e-mail or phone calls.