Toastmasters and the Fairtax

  • netvictory
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 26, 2005
      I recently joined a local Toastmaster group. The group has around 15
      active members with 20 members that drop in from time to time.

      I did this because I really need to improve my speaking abilities and
      because I have a captive audience with Toastmasters. As you can
      imagine, every speech I give will mention the Fairtax plan in some
      way.
      Toastmasters also have regional and national speech contests. You
      always pick your topics for your speeches.

      If you want information on Toastmaster in your area please let me
      know
      and I'll help you try and find one. Also let me know if you join
      Toastmaster so we can share information on the Fairtax speeches we
      give and help each other out.

      Thanks,
      James A. Hodges
      postitnews@...
      netvictory@...
    • Genie Hayes
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 2, 2005
        James and all folks in the Kansas yahoo group,

        We are working with John Collet and all of the other GREAT KS volunteers
        (your state is fast becoming the most active in the country) to find a
        spokesperson for FairTax for every major city in Kansas and at least two
        people to assist them in 1. Finding groups/speaking opps. 2. Keeping a
        schedule and calendar

        This means we need the following 3-5 people in every major city:

        1. a speaker -or 2(and a supporter to go to every one of these meetings
        and get petitions signed and distribute materials)
        2. a scheduler (requires some phone calls and organizational skills)
        3. a list compiler -or 2 (they would do the research to find the groups
        online and in the phone book)

        If each one of these folks gave 2 hours a week app. , we could have 30
        to 60 or more speaking engagements going on in your state every month!!
        Wow! That would have an impact. Add the numbers...

        We have also found a foolproof way to walk away from these engagements
        with the majority of the folks signing a petition!

        If you can be one of these 4 critical people in a major city (or close
        to one) in Kansas please e-mail me this weekend at genie@...
        with your contact information and how you would like to help. We are
        looking for folks who are not already DD's and CC's to fill these spots
        (however you can be certain if you are a DD or CC - you will be asked to
        speak at some point). Let's get really organized. Times a wastin'!!

        Thanks!!!

        Genie Hayes
        Grassroots and Communications
        genie@...

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • James Hodges
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 3, 2005
          Hi Genie,

          I have been pretty busy with a night class on Tuesdays and Thrusdays, but it will be ending in two weeks. I have also been attending a Toastmaster Club on Wednesday nights brushing up on public speaking skills.

          Please let me know if I can help in Wichita.

          Thanks,

          James A. Hodges