hello everyone

  • Margaret
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 17, 2009
      this group is still alive but definitely not active.
      I do want to share that a doctor I worked for committed suicide.
      I currently did not work for him.
      No one can figure out why he did this.
      I thought he was a very frugile , in other words, quite cheap
      and just wondered if the stock markets threw him over the edge.
      I am wondering how many might commit suicide if they have lost much
      money.
      Margaret
    • rarroy2000@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 18, 2009
        I'm sure it's possible; just like they did during the Depression. Sorry to hear of his demise. Rhonda
      • Paul Engler
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 18, 2009
          Unfortunately the material things we work so hard for and identify with make up our inner self's.  When material, social status items are taken away or even health the self moves inward and a part of mind run's scipts that its lost control an the last act of control is take ones life as way out.  Fact is we expand, maintain and then contract in life. This is the law of the universe.   The  suffering that occurs of not accepting can be unbearable torture for a lot of people.

          On very minor example:
          Last year I give up buying this item which heavily identify with how I saw myself. I paid down debt which was the right thing to do.  I did not feel suicidal, but it was hard thing for me do and did have few tears and angry about the situation.  The things was to let  it go and be  aware of the thinking and was able to pull myself out it.. Looking back now its funny. some things we think are so precious loses value over time.

          Paul

          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 18, 2009
            absolutely
            and we need to welcome Pansygirl who is new to this list. She works in a mental health outpatient but she can add more herself.
            Lets keep this going. It is good to be able to network with Kansas psych nurses.
            Margaret

            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 18, 2009
              Has any one done any psych military nursing??

            • merlhumphrey@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 18, 2009
                Not me but have seen military for ptsd and have had some so wives whose husbands were killed in Iraq
                Currently have some old viet nam vets

                From: Paul Engler
                Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 17:51:21 -0800 (PST)
                To: <ksapna@yahoogroups.com>

              • Rn4kidoz@everestkc.net
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 18, 2009

                  Paul,

                    No military nursing. I'm strictly peds now and use to work ped/adult eating disorders. The physician suicide is like all others. We are left to insert our own thoughts, feelings, and assumptions. I'm sure we could all agree that he was ill and desperate.

                  Cindy

                • pansygal63
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 31, 2009
                    --- In ksapna@yahoogroups.com, Margaret or Merl <merlhumphrey@...>