Re: [ksapna] Re: Happy 2008 nurses

  • Margaret or Merl
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 26, 2008
      Welcome Paul.
      Your job sounds very interesting. I just listened to an educational tape that says more women have AIDS and Hep C then men in institutions.
      Do you find this to be true?

      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 27, 2008
         I ran query for the numbers the last fiscal year KDHE and you know we did not break it down by sex.
        Consider we have about 7500 men in prison and around 800 women, I would think the number would be higher for the men. I suppose I can go back run the numbers by sex again.

        The numbers of confirm cases is lower than one would think.  However, not everyone gets tested that come into the correctional system, so the numbers could be higher.  Hep C is 5 times more common than HIV postive inmates here in Kansas.