Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [ksapna] Re: Happy 2008 nurses

Expand Messages
  • Irene Werth
    Hey guys Hope all are well been so busy no time to breath, Cindy how have you been. Did anyone go to conference in Minnisota, I went to US Psych Mental Health
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 20, 2008
    • 0 Attachment
      Hey guys Hope all are well been so busy no time to breath, Cindy how have you been. Did anyone go to conference in Minnisota, I went to US Psych Mental Health Congress in San Diego end of Oct first of Nov.
       
      Irene Werth, Psych, ARNP
      Box 274
      Kanopolis, Ks 67454
      785-472-1056



      From: paulauggie <englerpaul@...>
      To: ksapna@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2008 4:54:13 PM
      Subject: [ksapna] Re: Happy 2008 nurses


      Hello,

      I am new to this group and work for the Correct Care Solutions. Our
      Clients are the in the Kansas State Correctional system. I was not
      sure where to jump because I new to this site, so forgive me if I
      stepping on the topic??

      Paul

      --- In ksapna@yahoogroups. com, Margaret or Merl <merlhumphrey@ ...>
      wrote:

      >
      > Cindy, where do you work. once in a while I have someone that needs
      a therapist in Kansas City.
      > Margaret
      >
      > Rn4kidoz@... wrote:
      > Margaret,
      > I understand your point about being frustrated in regard the
      changes in our advance practice moniker, I believe that the KS BON
      actually dictates the credential ARNP in the nurse practice act. I
      support the change because more states use the designation APRN and
      this would support continuity and better understanding in both the
      private and processional sectors. I am ANCC certified, but will
      continue to use ARNP, BC until the BON tells me otherwise.
      > Cindy
      > Overland Park
      >
      >
      >
      >
      >
      > ------------ --------- --------- ---
      > Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.
      >


    • Margaret or Merl
      Welcome Paul. Your job sounds very interesting. I just listened to an educational tape that says more women have AIDS and Hep C then men in institutions. Do
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 26, 2008
      • 0 Attachment
        Welcome Paul.
        Your job sounds very interesting. I just listened to an educational tape that says more women have AIDS and Hep C then men in institutions.
        Do you find this to be true?

        --- On Tue, 11/18/08, paulauggie <englerpaul@...> wrote:
        From: paulauggie <englerpaul@...>
        Subject: [ksapna] Re: Happy 2008 nurses
        To: ksapna@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Tuesday, November 18, 2008, 4:54 PM


        Hello,

        I am new to this group and work for the Correct Care Solutions. Our
        Clients are the in the Kansas State Correctional system. I was not
        sure where to jump because I new to this site, so forgive me if I
        stepping on the topic??

        Paul

        --- In ksapna@yahoogroups. com, Margaret or Merl <merlhumphrey@ ...>
        wrote:
        >
        > Cindy, where do you work. once in a while I have someone that needs
        a therapist in Kansas City.
        > Margaret
        >
        > Rn4kidoz@... wrote:
        > Margaret,
        > I understand your point about being frustrated in regard the
        changes in our advance practice moniker, I believe that the KS BON
        actually dictates the credential ARNP in the nurse practice act. I
        support the change because more states use the designation APRN and
        this would support continuity and better understanding in both the
        private and processional sectors. I am ANCC certified, but will
        continue to use ARNP, BC until the BON tells me otherwise.
        > Cindy
        > Overland Park
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        > ------------ --------- --------- ---
        > Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.
        >


      • Paul Engler
        I ran query for the numbers the last fiscal year KDHE and you know we did not break it down by sex. Consider we have about 7500 men in prison and around 800
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 27, 2008
        • 0 Attachment
           I ran query for the numbers the last fiscal year KDHE and you know we did not break it down by sex.
          Consider we have about 7500 men in prison and around 800 women, I would think the number would be higher for the men. I suppose I can go back run the numbers by sex again.

          The numbers of confirm cases is lower than one would think.  However, not everyone gets tested that come into the correctional system, so the numbers could be higher.  Hep C is 5 times more common than HIV postive inmates here in Kansas.

          Paul




          From: Margaret or Merl <merlhumphrey@...>
          To: ksapna@yahoogroups.com
          Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2008 2:42:14 PM
          Subject: Re: [ksapna] Re: Happy 2008 nurses

          Welcome Paul.
          Your job sounds very interesting. I just listened to an educational tape that says more women have AIDS and Hep C then men in institutions.
          Do you find this to be true?

          --- On Tue, 11/18/08, paulauggie <englerpaul@sbcgloba l.net> wrote:
          From: paulauggie <englerpaul@sbcgloba l.net>
          Subject: [ksapna] Re: Happy 2008 nurses
          To: ksapna@yahoogroups. com
          Date: Tuesday, November 18, 2008, 4:54 PM


          Hello,

          I am new to this group and work for the Correct Care Solutions. Our
          Clients are the in the Kansas State Correctional system. I was not
          sure where to jump because I new to this site, so forgive me if I
          stepping on the topic??

          Paul

          --- In ksapna@yahoogroups. com, Margaret or Merl <merlhumphrey@ ...>
          wrote:
          >
          > Cindy, where do you work. once in a while I have someone that needs
          a therapist in Kansas City.
          > Margaret
          >
          > Rn4kidoz@... wrote:
          > Margaret,
          > I understand your point about being frustrated in regard the
          changes in our advance practice moniker, I believe that the KS BON
          actually dictates the credential ARNP in the nurse practice act. I
          support the change because more states use the designation APRN and
          this would support continuity and better understanding in both the
          private and processional sectors. I am ANCC certified, but will
          continue to use ARNP, BC until the BON tells me otherwise.
          > Cindy
          > Overland Park
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          > ------------ --------- --------- ---
          > Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.
          >


        Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.