Happy 2008 nurses

  • Margaret
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 16, 2008
      Well this is an inactive group on email for sure. Just writing a note
      to keep this alive in case we ever do anything with this.
      I am upset that ANCC has changed arnp to aprns and now something else.
      I just did not know that was happening but I am not going to change my
      business cards.
      Margaret from Fort Scott
    • Rn4kidoz@everestkc.net
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 16, 2008
        Margaret,
        I understand your point about being frustrated in regard the changes in our advance practice moniker, I believe that the KS BON actually dictates the credential ARNP in the nurse practice act. I support the change because more states use the designation APRN and this would support continuity and better understanding in both the private and processional sectors. I am ANCC certified, but will continue to use ARNP, BC until the BON tells me otherwise.
        Cindy
        Overland Park
      • Margaret or Merl

          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 18, 2008
            Hello,

            I am new to this group and work for the Correct Care Solutions. Our
            Clients are the in the Kansas State Correctional system. I was not
            sure where to jump because I new to this site, so forgive me if I
            stepping on the topic??

            Paul

            --- In ksapna@yahoogroups.com, Margaret or Merl <merlhumphrey@...>
            wrote:

            > Cindy, where do you work. once in a while I have someone that needs
            a therapist in Kansas City.
            > Margaret
            >
            > Rn4kidoz@... wrote:
            > Margaret,
            > I understand your point about being frustrated in regard the
            changes in our advance practice moniker, I believe that the KS BON
            actually dictates the credential ARNP in the nurse practice act. I
            support the change because more states use the designation APRN and
            this would support continuity and better understanding in both the
            private and processional sectors. I am ANCC certified, but will
            continue to use ARNP, BC until the BON tells me otherwise.
            > Cindy
            > Overland Park
            >

            > ---------------------------------

          • Irene Werth
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 20, 2008
              Hey guys Hope all are well been so busy no time to breath, Cindy how have you been. Did anyone go to conference in Minnisota, I went to US Psych Mental Health Congress in San Diego end of Oct first of Nov.

              Irene Werth, Psych, ARNP
              Box 274
              Kanopolis, Ks 67454
              785-472-1056

              wrote:

              > Cindy, where do you work. once in a while I have someone that needs
              a therapist in Kansas City.
              > Margaret
              >
              > Rn4kidoz@... wrote:
              > Margaret,
              > I understand your point about being frustrated in regard the
              changes in our advance practice moniker, I believe that the KS BON
              actually dictates the credential ARNP in the nurse practice act. I
              support the change because more states use the designation APRN and
              this would support continuity and better understanding in both the
              private and processional sectors. I am ANCC certified, but will
              continue to use ARNP, BC until the BON tells me otherwise.
              > Cindy
              > Overland Park
              >

              > ------------ --------- --------- ---

            • Margaret or Merl
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 26, 2008
                Welcome Paul.
                Your job sounds very interesting. I just listened to an educational tape that says more women have AIDS and Hep C then men in institutions.
                Do you find this to be true?

                wrote:

                > Cindy, where do you work. once in a while I have someone that needs
                a therapist in Kansas City.
                > Margaret
                >
                > Rn4kidoz@... wrote:
                > Margaret,
                > I understand your point about being frustrated in regard the
                changes in our advance practice moniker, I believe that the KS BON
                actually dictates the credential ARNP in the nurse practice act. I
                support the change because more states use the designation APRN and
                this would support continuity and better understanding in both the
                private and processional sectors. I am ANCC certified, but will
                continue to use ARNP, BC until the BON tells me otherwise.
                > Cindy
                > Overland Park

              • Paul Engler
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 27, 2008
                   I ran query for the numbers the last fiscal year KDHE and you know we did not break it down by sex.
                  Consider we have about 7500 men in prison and around 800 women, I would think the number would be higher for the men. I suppose I can go back run the numbers by sex again.

                  The numbers of confirm cases is lower than one would think.  However, not everyone gets tested that come into the correctional system, so the numbers could be higher.  Hep C is 5 times more common than HIV postive inmates here in Kansas.