      From: paulauggie <englerpaul@...>
      Subject: [ksapna] Re: Happy 2008 nurses
      To: ksapna@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, November 18, 2008, 4:54 PM

      Hello,

      I am new to this group and work for the Correct Care Solutions. Our
      Clients are the in the Kansas State Correctional system. I was not
      sure where to jump because I new to this site, so forgive me if I
      stepping on the topic??

      Paul

      --- In ksapna@yahoogroups. com, Margaret or Merl <merlhumphrey@ ...>
      wrote:

      > Cindy, where do you work. once in a while I have someone that needs
      a therapist in Kansas City.
      > Margaret
      >
      > Rn4kidoz@... wrote:
      > Margaret,
      > I understand your point about being frustrated in regard the
      changes in our advance practice moniker, I believe that the KS BON
      actually dictates the credential ARNP in the nurse practice act. I
      support the change because more states use the designation APRN and
      this would support continuity and better understanding in both the
      private and processional sectors. I am ANCC certified, but will
      continue to use ARNP, BC until the BON tells me otherwise.