Chevallier calling out

  • Crowther, Mike
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 4, 2010

      Archmage are you in good health. I had misunderstood you intended to stand static. I can move to further support you this coming day or indeed become your transport once more? I slew three of these wraiths while they tried in vain to penetrate my defenses and whilst not wanting to overconfident I am not certain these scattered foes offer me any serious threat.

      I mourn the death I can see and hope I felled the enemy that did the deed.

      I could also return to ward the Queen and offer her my sword and broad back if that should be considered another priority,

      Chevallier

      OOC: Archmage, Queen, Queen, Archmage are the choicesJ

      Mike

    • Ian Edwards
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 5, 2010
        Kreskin'Lal's Tower mission

        Chevallier, thank you for your concern. I am pleased to say that I have sustained only minor injury, and my Warder has also survived. Sadly not everyone was so fortunate.

        Tancred Silverhoof is going to pick up my warder Franz Ferdinand, so I would appreciate a lift, but I think that Her Majesty’s safety must be a higher priority – she is looking rather exposed. Please look to her first.

        Sylvester

        Chevallier calling out

        Posted by: "Crowther, Mike" crowthem@...   swinderlog

        Thu Mar 4, 2010 11:39 pm (PST)

        Archmage are you in good health. I had misunderstood you intended to stand static. I can move to further support you this coming day or indeed become your transport once more? I slew three of these wraiths while they tried in vain to penetrate my defenses and whilst not wanting to overconfident I am not certain these scattered foes offer me any serious threat.

        I mourn the death I can see and hope I felled the enemy that did the deed.

        I could also return to ward the Queen and offer her my sword and broad back if that should be considered another priority,

        Chevallier

        OOC: Archmage, Queen, Queen, Archmage are the choices:)

        Mike

      • Bill Moore
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 6, 2010
          Ow! Oof! Double-ow! These fings hurt!

          Oh no, they got Missy Dweomar! I did me best ter purtect her yr honour, but it wasn't enough. Then I got too close ter one and it bit me bad. Think I'd better stay inside t' Tower fer a bit...

          Reeman Tanatest

          OOC: Down to 7 health after one hit RT for 22 damage in a single phase. Poor old Doug - all that way here and Dweomar gets killed first turn inside :(

          X 2002 0
          I decided it was time to stop fighting in such a Defensive way and move to a Normal routine.
          (Overwatch) Mist Wraith (12809) attacked Chirpisthra (287), who I am guarding. I acted promptly:-
          Reeman Tanatest (10489) watched as the needles dodged back and forth before striking Mist Wraith (12809).
          A hit! No problem! (3 points of damage)
          (Overwatch) Mist Wraith (13114) attacked Dweomar (15588), who I am overwatching. We can't have that:-
          Reeman Tanatest (10489) danced around Mist Wraith (13114) sending out razor sharp needles to slash and stab.
          The blow was right on the mark. (4 points of damage)
          Start of Phase 6
          Franz Ferdinand left South.
          (Overwatch) Mist Wraith (15523) attacked Sylvester (3278), who I am defending. I reacted accordingly:-
          Reeman Tanatest (10489) watched as the needles dodged back and forth before striking Mist Wraith (15523).
          It was a successful strike! (3 points of damage)
          (Overwatch) Mist Wraith (14869) attacked Chirpisthra (287), who I am guarding. I acted promptly:-
          Reeman Tanatest (10489) sent a volley of razor sharp needles at Mist Wraith (14869).
          The blow landed squarely. (4 points of damage)

          M 5 0
          I moved South as quickly as possible, into an Unlocked Doorway.
          I strode into an open doorway and peered into the area beyond.
          Reeman Tanatest (10489) let the cloud of silver needles envelope Mist Wraith (14197).
          The blow was right on target! (4 points of damage)
          Start of Phase 7
          Franz Ferdinand left South.
          (Overwatch) Mist Wraith (15523) attacked Sylvester (3278), who I am overwatching. We can't have that:-
          Reeman Tanatest (10489) let the cloud of silver needles envelope Mist Wraith (15523).
          The attack was off the mark. A miss!
          (Overwatch) Mist Wraith (14869) attacked Chirpisthra (287), who I am defending. I reacted accordingly:-
          Reeman Tanatest (10489) let the cloud of silver needles envelope Mist Wraith (14869).
          The attack narrowly missed.
          Grinning with fervour Mist Wraith lurched towards Reeman Tanatest (10489) aiming to slash him with his talons.
          It was a successful strike! (9 points of damage)
          Reeman Tanatest (10489) tried to dodge as Mist Wraith tore at him with his ragged claws.
          The blow was right on target! (13 points of damage)

          --- In kreskin_lal_tower@yahoogroups.com, "Ian Edwards" <ian.edwards3@...> wrote:

          > Chevallier, thank you for your concern. I am pleased to say that I have
          > sustained only minor injury, and my Warder has also survived. Sadly not
          > everyone was so fortunate.
          >

          > Tancred Silverhoof is going to pick up my warder Franz Ferdinand, so I would
          > appreciate a lift, but I think that Her Majesty's safety must be a higher
          > priority - she is looking rather exposed. Please look to her first.
          >

          > Sylvester

          > N0cGc2BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzIzMTc1MTQ0BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2MzIyMgRtc2dJZA
          > M3ODEEc2VjA2Rtc2cEc2xrA3Ztc2cEc3RpbWUDMTI2Nzc4MTU2NA--> Chevallier calling
          > out
          >

          > Posted by: "Crowther, Mike"
          > <mailto:crowthem@...?Subject=%20Re%3AChevallier%20calling%20out>
          > crowthem@... <http://profiles.yahoo.com/swinderlog> swinderlog
          >

          > Thu Mar 4, 2010 11:39 pm (PST)
          >

          > Archmage are you in good health. I had misunderstood you intended to stand
          > static. I can move to further support you this coming day or indeed become
          > your transport once more? I slew three of these wraiths while they tried in
          > vain to penetrate my defenses and whilst not wanting to overconfident I am
          > not certain these scattered foes offer me any serious threat.
          >
          > I mourn the death I can see and hope I felled the enemy that did the deed.
          >
          > I could also return to ward the Queen and offer her my sword and broad back
          > if that should be considered another priority,
          >
          > Chevallier
          >
          > OOC: Archmage, Queen, Queen, Archmage are the choices:)
          >
          > Mike

        • Ade Bagley
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 7, 2010

            OOC: Ouch, sounds like we need a concerted effort to kill the Mist Wraiths. Especially as I’m planning on entering in a  couple of turns myself <g>.

            If a couple of them spawn every time a character enters, it’s not surprising that the numbers can build quite quickly.

            Commiserations to Dweomer :(

            Ade

            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 7, 2010
              Poor Dweomar. Likewise what Chevallier said. It angers me to see a sister Centaur fall.

              Titania Bloodmane

              --- In kreskin_lal_tower@yahoogroups.com, "Crowther, Mike" <crowthem@...> wrote:

              > I mourn the death I can see and hope I felled the enemy that did the deed.
              > > Chevallier

            • Doug Hughes
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 7, 2010
                Hey Reeman !

                Hey Reeman !

                Watch out for these wraiths!

                Careful now!

                (raises voice another notch) Hey Reeman ! Hey Reeman !

                Why isn't he listening too me? I'm shouting loud enough...

                No one appears to be listening too me... ???

                ????

                What's that bright light ?

                Ooo ... it's so pretty and peaceful and lovely... and I can see fields and
                hills and streams and trees! How wonderful...

                I think I will go there... much nicer than that horrible, dark, nasty Tower
                with all it's evil wraiths trying to kill me ...

                (Spirit of) Dweomar

                OOC:

                One man's loss is another man's gain...

                Dweomar will drop all her kit...

                Someone may get lucky...

                Choice items are :

                +10 Ring of Protection
                12 Healing Potions
                12 Healing Ointments
                Metal helmet +3
                195 gold

                Chances are that most of what will survive will be junk though!

                Good luck on the mission without me!

                :)

                Doug

              • Paul
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 8, 2010
                  Oh no....

                  Dweomar.... I'm so sorry.....

                  *****

                  Bugger.

                  If anyone else thinks they are going to be in trouble PLEASE let me know, we have people on the mission able to cast Second Winds for mission members to bolster and heal!!

                  Bugger it again.

                  Saloma it's time to get off, I've got some Mist Wraith clearing to do.

                  Regards

                  Chaldan

                  OOC: Sorry Doug!

                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 9, 2010
                    On the subject of which - Reeman, are you safe for now? The Assembly can
                    arrange for a Second wind if you require it.

                    Sylvester

                    > If anyone else thinks they are going to be in trouble PLEASE let me know,
                    we have
                    > people on the mission able to cast Second Winds for mission members to
                    bolster and
                    > heal!!
                  • Bill Moore
                    Message 9 of 9 , Mar 10, 2010
                      Might be an idea yr Archmageness. I've plenty o' healing ointments and
                      potions but there's a wraith still standin' just to me south and it may get
                      to me before I can use 'em!

                      Reeman

                      OOC: 7/29 health. Will take potion phase 1 but #14042 may get an attack in
                      first unless Tancred or Chirpisthra nails him first thing.