OOC: Welcome to the Kreskin'Lal's Tower mission group

  • Paul
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 3, 2008
      OOC:

      Welcome to all to this group.

      I give credit to several of you that have mentioned this before to
      me, but I've been too busy to really give it much thought (sorry), so
      please treat its creation as a vindication of your good suggestions
      and eventually making the CC guild leader see some sense!! :-)

      A couple of early suggestions:-

      1) I would be very grateful to someone if they could put together a
      compiled map of the entire route; from Icehaunt dungeon entrance to
      the location of Kreskin'Lal's Tower.

      It would be good if the map could show the last post of civilization
      (ie Bruno G's estate), the Centaur Meadows outside Icehaunt where the
      mission is due to start off from and waypoints where centaurs moving
      at presumably move 14 will be stopping every 7 squares or so. I know
      that some centaurs have more movement, but many will not.

      2) A mission list roll-call document would be very useful, maybe
      separate documents for CC members, Assembly members, BT members and
      other allies coming on the mission.

      3) Anything else

      4) Please note we will have at least 5 cc centaur members on the
      mission that will be USA based postal players, so not everything here
      will be obvious to them. I will invite their sponsors to this list so
      that people will be able to communicate with them, generally
      improving their enjoyment of the game.

      Regards to you all

      Paul Malone
      (aka Chaldan Ironhoof, CC Guild Leader)
    • themes86
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 3, 2008
        OOC

        I got the invite ...

        1) I wasn't sure, but the journey from Icehaunt to KL's Tower is less
        than 256 squares, so I was able to put it on one map. I chopped off
        everything South of my estate and North of the estate North of
        Bruno's to keep things simple.

        I don't know about marking rendezvous points every 7 squares past
        Bruno's estate. There is always going to be someone wanting to jet
        ahead or stragglers. If some danger in the overland pops up that we
        want everyone to gather together for a united tactical effort, we can
        always mark a rendezvous point later on.

        I did mark, with big notice flags left open the locations of:
        Kreskin'Lal's Tower, Castle Canterbury (Bruno's Estate), the White
        Citadel, Hold of White Flower, Centaur Meadows Southwest of Icehaunt
        Catacombs, and Icehaunt Catacombs.

        The wagons I am filling up at my estate with Dove and Acid Arrows
        will be waiting at the Holt of White Flower.

        I'll put a copy of the original Bereny South and Bereny Southwest in
        the files section for completeness sake.

        I'll also add the small bit of the Tower originally explored by
        Terin'Sha and CC members in the past.

        2) I'll volunteer to take care of the roster for the mission members
        not from any of the big three guilds. So far I know of three. Yul
        Herman and the two that Wayne mentioned on the CC list. One DV and
        one WotE members if I remember correctly.

        Greg

        --- In kreskin_lal_tower@yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <wildwarp@...> wrote:

        >>1) I would be very grateful to someone if they could put together a
        compiled map of the entire route; from Icehaunt dungeon entrance to
        the location of Kreskin'Lal's Tower.

        It would be good if the map could show the last post of civilization
        (ie Bruno G's estate), the Centaur Meadows outside Icehaunt where the
        mission is due to start off from and waypoints where centaurs moving
        at presumably move 14 will be stopping every 7 squares or so. I know
        that some centaurs have more movement, but many will not.

        2) A mission list roll-call document would be very useful, maybe
        separate documents for CC members, Assembly members, BT members and
        other allies coming on the mission.<<
      • Paul Hindle
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 3, 2008
          I've got four members from other guilds who'll be joining the mission:

          Daniel-san   Male Human Monk   1022   BSP
          Buster         Male Human Priest   1665  WoTE
          Snitch        Cavern Giant              5150  BEEF
          Laurel        Male Human Warrior   12532 BEEF

          Paul

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 3, 2008
            One question - are the Mines of Miasma on the B-KLM map? If so, four of my characters are there and could set off from there.

            Paul

          • wrgild@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 3, 2008
              Paul,

              The Mines of Miasma are on the eastern edges of North Central Bereny--while KL Tower is in the far western southwest corner.

              Unless you are planning to TTI to Icehaunt, I wouldn't think about it.

              Cheers!
              Wayne

              From: Paul Hindle <tony_donofrio@...>
              Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 10:32:43 -0700 (PDT)
              To: <kreskin_lal_tower@yahoogroups.com>

              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 3, 2008
                Hmm - TTI to Icehaunt it is then. Thanks Wayne.

                From: Paul Hindle <tony_donofrio@ rocketmail. com>
                Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 10:32:43 -0700 (PDT)
                To: <kreskin_lal_ tower@yahoogroup s.com>
                One question - are the Mines of Miasma on the B-KLM map? If so, four of my characters are there and could set off from there.

                Paul

                1) I wasn't sure, but the journey from Icehaunt to KL's Tower is less
                than 256 squares, so I was able to put it on one map. I chopped off
                everything South of my estate and North of the estate North of
                Bruno's to keep things simple.

                I don't know about marking rendezvous points every 7 squares past
                Bruno's estate. There is always going to be someone wanting to jet
                ahead or stragglers. If some danger in the overland pops up that we
                want everyone to gather together for a united tactical effort, we can
                always mark a rendezvous point later on.

                I did mark, with big notice flags left open the locations of:
                Kreskin'Lal' s Tower, Castle Canterbury (Bruno's Estate), the White
                Citadel, Hold of White Flower, Centaur Meadows Southwest of Icehaunt
                Catacombs, and Icehaunt Catacombs.

                The wagons I am filling up at my estate with Dove and Acid Arrows
                will be waiting at the Holt of White Flower.

                I'll put a copy of the original Bereny South and Bereny Southwest in
                the files section for completeness sake.

                I'll also add the small bit of the Tower originally explored by
                Terin'Sha and CC members in the past.

                2) I'll volunteer to take care of the roster for the mission members
                not from any of the big three guilds. So far I know of three. Yul
                Herman and the two that Wayne mentioned on the CC list. One DV and
                one WotE members if I remember correctly.

                Greg

                --- In kreskin_lal_ tower@yahoogroup s.com, "Paul" <wildwarp@.. .> wrote:

                >>1) I would be very grateful to someone if they could put together a
                compiled map of the entire route; from Icehaunt dungeon entrance to
                the location of Kreskin'Lal' s Tower.

                It would be good if the map could show the last post of civilization
                (ie Bruno G's estate), the Centaur Meadows outside Icehaunt where the
                mission is due to start off from and waypoints where centaurs moving
                at presumably move 14 will be stopping every 7 squares or so. I know
                that some centaurs have more movement, but many will not.

                2) A mission list roll-call document would be very useful, maybe
                separate documents for CC members, Assembly members, BT members and
                other allies coming on the mission.<<

              • mikelayuk
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 4, 2008
                  --- "themes86" <Themes86@...> wrote:

                  > 2) I'll volunteer to take care of the roster for the mission members
                  > not from any of the big three guilds. So far I know of three. Yul
                  > Herman and the two that Wayne mentioned on the CC list. One DV and
                  > one WotE members if I remember correctly.

                  I'm sending:

                  Darius Marluk (Silent Pond)
                  Jarla kre Charon (Walkers)
                  Wren kre Charon (CC)