Potato Kugel (or charlotte)

  • Robin Koloms
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 20 3:34 AM
      Greetings All!

      Does anyone have a favorite recipe for potato kugel?

      Be well,

      Robin
    • David Staum
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 20 6:47 AM
        This is my own creation, though it deviates from your traditional
        potato-onion-eggs. It tastes amazing though! It's not an exact recipe.
        Also, is this for Passover? I'll give you my rough recipe, but you may
        have to adjust it for Passover.

        6 eggs
        6 potatoes
        1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
        1 package frozen spinach
        some fresh or frozen broccoli
        2 large carrots
        1/2 cup unprocessed bran (for passover use whole wheat matzo meal)
        1 cup plain soymilk (use water on passover)
        Other vegetables, as you like
        several cloves fresh garlic
        2 large onions

        chop & sautee the onions in some of the olive oil until brown

        in a food processor, chop the carrots, potatos, & spinach

        chop the broccoli into small chunks

        finely chop or press the garlic

        whip the eggs in a large bowl for 3 minutes

        combine all ingredients and mix well.

        Place in large pan and bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 1+ hours.

        For an amazing flavor, cover very well with heavy duty aluminum foil
        (tamp edges tightly so it retains moisture) & bake overnight at 250
        degrees. If you plan to do this, however, double the soymilk/water.

        enjoy!

        On 3/20/07, Robin Koloms <rkoloms@...> wrote:
        > Greetings All!
        >
        > Does anyone have a favorite recipe for potato kugel?
        >
        > Be well,
        >
        > Robin

      • robin koloms
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 20 8:18 AM
          This sounds fabulous!  Not at all what I'm looking for, but defintely on the menu soon.

          On 3/20/07, Robin Koloms <rkoloms@yahoo. com> wrote:
          > Greetings All!
          >
          > Does anyone have a favorite recipe for potato kugel?
          >
          > Be well,
          >
          > Robin

          Looking for earth-friendly autos?