Hi

  • David Staum
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 15, 2004
      Thanks for joining the list. Hopefully we'll have some good discussions, recipes will get passed around (I'll post my "secret" veggie chulent recipe soon), and we'll vent to each other when too many people tell us "It's a chiyuv to eat meat on shabbos!". For those of you who DO eat meat on Shabbat, you're welcome here too. No dietary standards required to join!

      My story: I stopped eating meat & fish at age 21 and now I haven't been fleishig for 13 years. I went vegan for a while in 1998 but fell off the egg wagon in 2000 and have steadily been eating more overt dairy since then. I still tend to cook without though.

      I am married to a wonderful woman who just happens to be carnivorous, but luckily she's really into salads.

      Well, that's me!

      Welcome to the list!
    • Prodly Tad
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 16, 2004
        Hey thanks. My wife also makes a wicked veggie cholent. I have been
        off chicken and meat for almost 3 years. I eat fish and eggs. My wife
        has been a vegetarian for around 12 years. She doesnt eat fish and I
        made her her first omlette ever last Sunday.

        -Scott

        Thanks for joining the list. Hopefully we'll have some good
        discussions, recipes will get passed around (I'll post my "secret"
        veggie chulent recipe soon), and we'll vent to each other when too
        many people tell us "It's a chiyuv to eat meat on shabbos!". For those
        of you who DO eat meat on Shabbat, you're welcome here too. No dietary
        standards required to join!

        My story: I stopped eating meat & fish at age 21 and now I haven't
        been fleishig for 13 years. I went vegan for a while in 1998 but fell
        off the egg wagon in 2000 and have steadily been eating more overt
        dairy since then. I still tend to cook without though.

        I am married to a wonderful woman who just happens to be carnivorous,
        but luckily she's really into salads.

        Well, that's me!

        Welcome to the list!

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor