41Re: [KosherVegetarian] Potato Kugel (or charlotte)

  • David Staum
    Mar 20, 2007
      This is my own creation, though it deviates from your traditional
      potato-onion-eggs. It tastes amazing though! It's not an exact recipe.
      Also, is this for Passover? I'll give you my rough recipe, but you may
      have to adjust it for Passover.

      6 eggs
      6 potatoes
      1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
      1 package frozen spinach
      some fresh or frozen broccoli
      2 large carrots
      1/2 cup unprocessed bran (for passover use whole wheat matzo meal)
      1 cup plain soymilk (use water on passover)
      Other vegetables, as you like
      several cloves fresh garlic
      2 large onions

      chop & sautee the onions in some of the olive oil until brown

      in a food processor, chop the carrots, potatos, & spinach

      chop the broccoli into small chunks

      finely chop or press the garlic

      whip the eggs in a large bowl for 3 minutes

      combine all ingredients and mix well.

      Place in large pan and bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 1+ hours.

      For an amazing flavor, cover very well with heavy duty aluminum foil
      (tamp edges tightly so it retains moisture) & bake overnight at 250
      degrees. If you plan to do this, however, double the soymilk/water.

      enjoy!

      On 3/20/07, Robin Koloms <rkoloms@...> wrote:
      > Greetings All!
      >
      > Does anyone have a favorite recipe for potato kugel?
      >
      > Be well,
      >
      > Robin

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic