Filter Keyboard tracking

  • Alexander
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 2, 2004
      How the heck do i adjust the keyboard tracking... at 'half' it sounds
      about right but at 'full' it seems to OVERSHOOT the pitch of the note
      you're playing...

      also, what effect would the moogslayer mod have on that feature? not
      much use to me if the resonance overdrives to hell but i cant play a
      tune on it ;) any info would help a lot!
    • x x
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 2, 2004
        The moog slayer mod is only cool if you like real cutoff filter and noise knobs on the synth.so In essence unless you like squaking filters you wouldnt really dig it. My self I like to annoy people so i left it full modded.I like it though but ive heard some people burned out there keys doing the full mod. I had a tech freind do mine. I love it. But I have two others not modded.We should trade some sounds I have three banks and am supposed to get 9 more from the dude that sells cds on ebay.When I get them ill put em up on the board with a real scanned manual not missing the important service notes....
        Peace
        Alien
        Also have the mod and pics of mod if you want a direct mail.

        Alexander <arf_hotdogdeity@...> wrote:
        How the heck do i adjust the keyboard tracking... at 'half' it sounds
        about right but at 'full' it seems to OVERSHOOT the pitch of the note
        you're playing...

        also, what effect would the moogslayer mod have on that feature? not
        much use to me if the resonance overdrives to hell but i cant play a
        tune on it ;) any info would help a lot!

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • Alexander
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 6, 2004
          i love that sound! :) i was mostly wondering if it would keyfollow in
          tune when the resonance is driven to high hell (so it overdrives and
          clips into a nasty square) that way i can still play a tune on it

          --- In korgpolyex@yahoogroups.com, x x <alienxxx2002@y...> wrote:
          > The moog slayer mod is only cool if you like real cutoff filter and
          noise knobs on the synth.so In essence unless you like squaking
          filters you wouldnt really dig it. My self I like to annoy people so
          i left it full modded.I like it though but ive heard some people
          burned out there keys doing the full mod. I had a tech freind do
          mine. I love it. But I have two others not modded.We should trade
          some sounds I have three banks and am supposed to get 9 more from the
          dude that sells cds on ebay.When I get them ill put em up on the
          board with a real scanned manual not missing the important service
          notes....
          > Peace
          > Alien
          > Also have the mod and pics of mod if you want a direct mail.
          >

          > Alexander <arf_hotdogdeity@y...> wrote:
          > How the heck do i adjust the keyboard tracking... at 'half' it
          sounds
          > about right but at 'full' it seems to OVERSHOOT the pitch of the
          note
          > you're playing...
          >
          > also, what effect would the moogslayer mod have on that feature? not
          > much use to me if the resonance overdrives to hell but i cant play a
          > tune on it ;) any info would help a lot!
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          Service.

        • Byron IV
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 6, 2004
            > i love that sound! :) i was mostly wondering if it would keyfollow in
            > tune when the resonance is driven to high hell (so it overdrives and
            > clips into a nasty square) that way i can still play a tune on it

            No, it unfortunately does not, it would have been that much more
            cooler if it did though! You need key tracking on the filter cutoff to
            be able to do that :(
            Byron
            --
            For your electronik listening pleasures
            http://www.limbikfreq.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 6, 2004
              the poly800 DOES have keyboard tracking on the cutoff (though mine is
              slightly "off") and it's 'highest note priority' and stays that way
              until the last note is released (sounds good and bad... depends on if
              it's what you want or not)
              .. i was mostly wondering if it stayed intact when adjusted with the
              mod.
              --- In korgpolyex@yahoogroups.com, Byron IV <earworm@g...> wrote:
              > > i love that sound! :) i was mostly wondering if it would
              keyfollow in
              > > tune when the resonance is driven to high hell (so it overdrives
              and
              > > clips into a nasty square) that way i can still play a tune on it
              > >

              > No, it unfortunately does not, it would have been that much more
              > cooler if it did though! You need key tracking on the filter cutoff
              > be able to do that :(
              > Byron
              > --
              > For your electronik listening pleasures
              > http://www.limbikfreq.com
              > ---
              > Mindset Studio Music and Media
              > http://www.mindsetstudio.com
            • x x
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 6, 2004
                havent tried it with my modded one yet its at my other studio will try and get back to you ....

                Alexander <arf_hotdogdeity@...> wrote:
                the poly800 DOES have keyboard tracking on the cutoff (though mine is
                slightly "off") and it's 'highest note priority' and stays that way
                until the last note is released (sounds good and bad... depends on if
                it's what you want or not)
                .. i was mostly wondering if it stayed intact when adjusted with the
                mod.
                --- In korgpolyex@yahoogroups.com, Byron IV <earworm@g...> wrote:
                > > i love that sound! :) i was mostly wondering if it would
                keyfollow in
                > > tune when the resonance is driven to high hell (so it overdrives
                and
                > > clips into a nasty square) that way i can still play a tune on it
                > >

                > No, it unfortunately does not, it would have been that much more
                > cooler if it did though! You need key tracking on the filter cutoff
                > be able to do that :(
                > Byron
                > --
                > For your electronik listening pleasures
                > http://www.limbikfreq.com
                > ---
                > Mindset Studio Music and Media
                > http://www.mindsetstudio.com

                Do you Yahoo!?
              • x x
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 6, 2004
                  If you squak the resonance to high uhhm you can play a tune from hell will try to get some clips up im going to retrieve it from studio and ill show you whats up send you a lil mp3 direct or post on acidplanet with the rest of my music and video.
                  Peace
                  Alien