Re: New display...? [1 Attachment]

  • k9k9dog
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 28, 2013
      hang on: why not just integrate with a Novation Remote mk1:
      you get a shedload of knobs and faders, 2 LCDs, and they
      go for reasonable second hand price.
      Mike: does it work with the Remote?

      the oscillator could be a more important/interesting thing
      to focus on, if it could be made to xmod etc.

      i picked up a cheap Novation remote zero SL mk1, and it could
      pretty much sit in a rack ( i feel like building it a new alu
      case), it seems perfect for this sort of thing (can load 40
      user device maps, be programmed via PC/Mac, and making it send
      sysex is as simple as inputting the sysex format with a variable
      byte. it does nrpns, cc, and all that stuff, and everybody needs
      one :) )

      --- In korgpolyex@yahoogroups.com, "bimmerfan222" <bperkins211@...> wrote:

      > > Question: If we did do such a thing, what controls would everyone want....
      >

      > I'd recommend looking at the interface Mutable Instruments Shruthi implements.
      >
      > http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-1zHRPTZH7B0/TzZUV_LBg3I/AAAAAAAAANE/lPglGaVH6-U/s1600/DSCN1183.JPG
      >

      > Maybe reduce it down to one encoder with push down switch, 3 pots and 4 switches.
      > You'd make the OEM switches navigate the LCD menu to, right?
      >
      > I'd think you could create a tidy editor/realtime controls with re-assignable pots/encoder via soft labels so you had pages of groups like-
      >
      > Cutoff Resonance VCF Env. Depth (show as CtOff Res EnvDp)
      >
      > LFO1 Rate LFO1 Depth LFO1 Delay (show as L1Rt L1DP L1DL)

    • Michael Hawkins
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 28, 2013
        I tend to agree. I have a MK1 Remote SL 25 and it is wonderful with a HAWK'ed Poly.

        What is really cool is that I have two templates for the HAWK. One for doing everything and one for modifying all three EG's at once.

        hang on: why not just integrate with a Novation Remote mk1:
        you get a shedload of knobs and faders, 2 LCDs, and they
        go for reasonable second hand price.
        Mike: does it work with the Remote?

        the oscillator could be a more important/interesting thing
        to focus on, if it could be made to xmod etc.

        i picked up a cheap Novation remote zero SL mk1, and it could
        pretty much sit in a rack ( i feel like building it a new alu
        case), it seems perfect for this sort of thing (can load 40
        user device maps, be programmed via PC/Mac, and making it send
        sysex is as simple as inputting the sysex format with a variable
        byte. it does nrpns, cc, and all that stuff, and everybody needs
        one :) )

        --- In korgpolyex@yahoogroups.com, "bimmerfan222" <bperkins211@...> wrote:

        > > Question: If we did do such a thing, what controls would everyone want....
        >

        > I'd recommend looking at the interface Mutable Instruments Shruthi implements.
        >
        > http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-1zHRPTZH7B0/TzZUV_LBg3I/AAAAAAAAANE/lPglGaVH6-U/s1600/DSCN1183.JPG
        >

        > Maybe reduce it down to one encoder with push down switch, 3 pots and 4 switches.
        > You'd make the OEM switches navigate the LCD menu to, right?
        >
        > I'd think you could create a tidy editor/realtime controls with re-assignable pots/encoder via soft labels so you had pages of groups like-
        >
        > Cutoff Resonance VCF Env. Depth (show as CtOff Res EnvDp)
        >
        > LFO1 Rate LFO1 Depth LFO1 Delay (show as L1Rt L1DP L1DL)

      • bimmerfan222
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 28, 2013
          nice units.

          whats a fair price for one?

          I get along alright with a GUI control..
          the one I use can fetch all parameter "snapshot" values and set all the knobs/sliders and drop/menu boxes(waveform/modulator names, etc.) to their appropriate values everytime you change the patch.

          Mike, I'd rather see the arp working than the LCD/xtra knobs.