Joystick: cleaning & lubricating question!

  • matti.sateri
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 14, 2011
      Hi, I'm new here. And also new with my Poly-800 Reverse Keys, had it for a week or so. Already opened it up, adjusted the Tune slider range, dusted off lots of dust and dirt, cleaned up volume pot, sliders, key contacts - and the joystick.

      The Poly really was quite dirty. The joystick did not move very smoothly, so I used lots of contact cleaner to get rid of the dirt. Apparently overdid it abit, as the joystick spring won't return it to center (unaided) any more - it seems I removed whatever grease there may have been, too.

      The picture in the service manual didn't show any obvious springs or lubrication points. So, does anybody have any idea, how to get the joystick moving smoothly?

      As soon as I get this sorted out, I'm going to order the HAWK-800/AtomaHawk kits...
    • logica@talk21.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 14, 2011
        Caig Fader Grease is what I used on the joystick with great success.

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 17, 2011
          Ok, thanks! I've never lubricated pots, always believed it does more harm than good. But the Fader Grease / Fader Lube products seem quite promising, might give it a try. It's not available where I live, have to order some online.

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 17, 2011
            Hi, you can use Caig "Fader Lube" on pots and sliders without doing any harm at all.Most of the time it improves function/feel of the pots unless they really need replacing. "Fader Grease" can be used on things like the Joystick or to regrease pots/sliders to give the tactile feel back to them (if the pots are not sealed that is).Regards, Matt

            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 17, 2011
              BTW caig fader grease and caig fader lube are 2 differnet products.

              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 23, 2011
                Thanks for the tip, I decided to get both Fader Lube and Fader Grease.

                And I ordered the kits, should be shipping next week!

                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 23, 2011
                  Good luck with it and remember to only use fader grease on the joystick, fader lube on the sliders and volume pot and caig deoxit gold (if you get it in the kit) on the buttons.

                  Regards,

                  Matt