HAWK update

  • korgpolyex800
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 7, 2010
      This list has become really, really quite lately. I hope the global recession hasn't dampened everyone's enthusiasm for life!

      Here's an update on the progress of the HAWK software and what not.

      October 1st 2010 - Don't for one moment think that development of the HAWK kits has halted! It has been a quiet year but the development is proceeding. First, quite a few musicians have expressed interest in having their Poly-800's converted into a 1RU rack mount synth. That project is coming along very well. A backlit 2x16 LCD display with special front panel buttons has been developed and tested. The first prototype version should be on display and demoing on youtube by the end of the year. Also, sequencer note punch in and erase has progressed. The new software has some nasty bugs so until those are ironed out, I won't be releasing the new real time editing sequencer code. And, the arpeggiator is getting closer too. I've received quite a few inquiries about the arpeggiator and when it will be released. I expect it to be available in January or February of 2011. The arp will have basic up/down modes to begin with but the software design is such that I will be able to add new arp modes as we think of them.

      Cheers everyone!

      Mike
    • joe peak
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 7, 2010